Monday, 16 September 2013

Aussie Curves - Peplum {Wearing it}

This weeks Aussie Curves challenge is peplum!

I'm only relatively new to the peplum trend, as I wasn't really feeling it for a long while, and decided to give it a miss. Then suddenly loads of patterned peplum came out that I just could not pass up, so I jumped on board this awesome trend. The worst part about being late to a trend is that you miss out on the awesome stuff that came out in the beginning. So I missed out on a lot of the plain coloured peplums that were around... :(

Until I found THREE different plain coloured peplum from New Look Inspire on ASOS Curve! I thought I would grab one in black to see if I like it, and this outfit is the first time I've worn it. When it came in the mail I thought it would be much too short, it doesn't have a 'band' for the peplum, it's just one seam, which is something I've been looking forward to finding, and these do not disappoint. The fabric is a little cheap, but it is just so cute in every other way that I can over look that. Plus for $15 I wasn't expecting very much in the way of quality anyway.

I'll definitely be going back and buying the cream and red versions of this top, it is freakin' awesome.

Yes. I can hop on one foot. :P

Top - New Look Inspire via ASOS
Jacket - Autograph
Jeans - Target
Wedges - Spendless
Necklace - eQuip
Earrings - Market stall
Headband - Amcal Chemist
Now, what do you think of my hair style? It was a bit of a last minute, I have no idea what to do with my hair, do. I decided to sweep everything to one side, the I couldn't bare to have my hair down (even if it was only over my shoulder) so I pinned it up into a bun and hey presto! A hair style was born. I'm quite impressed with what I created, and think I'll give it another go in the future to see if I can fine tune it.


Please don't forget to check out the other lovely ladies taking part in the challenge this week, see the blog hop below.

Until next time xx



20 comments:

  1. Great Post, love your peplum outfit and your hair looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the combo of the black, blue and stripes! Your hair looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kind of a bit stuck on blues and stripes lately... Can't seem to wear much else hahaha!
      Thanks for the comment love xx

      Delete
  3. I think your hair looks really cute! love the matching striped headband and jacket, looking fab :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie, I'm all for matchy matchy, I need some black and white striped wedges to complete the look xx

      Delete
  4. You look beautiful in peplum Sarah! I don't know why you haven't jumped on the band wagon sooner- you rock it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liv, I'm totally all over the peplum now. I've now got the need for more pencil skirts and skinny leg jeans/pants LOL :) It's never-ending my fashion "needs".

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Just the way I like it xx Thanks for the comment luv Claire x

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Soooo in love with this jacket Meagan. It's on sale at Autograph at the moment and I'm tempted to buy a second one because I don't want this one to ever die!!

      Delete
  7. looks very cute with the stripes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the peplum with the striped blazer and blue pants! And I think your hair looks fab like that! I'm the same, I never seem to know what to do with my hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hair is the most annoying this ever Nat. I could just shave it all off for all I care, but I don't know how The Husband would feel about that... x

      Delete
  9. Great job! Loving the jacket {clearly I'm a stripes fan!} with the peplum and blue jeans. So awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have a bunch of comments from you Melissa that are stripes love centric, not that I mind, I'm riding that bandwagon with you. I <3 the heck outta stripes :) xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...